Monday, June 6, 2016

More than one way to communicate!


Elder Friday and Elder Keddington (not sure who the other Elder is)

Today's post is going to be a bit of a mash-up of several "Sean" contacts from this week.

First, I looked at my phone Sunday afternoon and realized that I had missed a call from Ghana!  That will send you for a loop!  I listened to the message and it was from a dear woman named Lisa Trujillo.  She is from Ogden, but took a service group to Ghana to do medical stuff.  She invited Sean's district to join them for some activities, a mexican dinner and wanted to let me know that he was doing well.  Phew!  What a great message!  You just never know.  What a sweet woman to take her time to contact me.  I am very grateful!

Then, as I was working at my computer this morning, my facebook messenger box popped up with a "Hi Mom!" from Sean.  How fun!  We spent the next couple minutes chatting about things.  It was great!  I've needed a way to get direct answers from him!!   Here's a couple of excerpts:

Hi Mom!
Hey love!! How are you today?
I'm good. I am really happy right now.  I weighed in at 232 last night. That's 70lbs!
Wow! That's great! How 
are things with you and Elder Friday?
Better. We are working out our differences
That's good. Not as bad as last companion though, right?
Oh, not nearly
Good. You need pants!! How much are pants if you buy them there?
Like 30-40 cedis. Also all my socks are shredded
How are your shoes holding up?
My Danskos are done. I swerved away from a taxi and tore open the sole. they were already pretty worn
What are you using for shoes right now?
I bought a pair of Hunters for church at 30 cedis off the street.  They are ok. Still have my Timberlands, and for normal days just my exercise shoes
OK - does your camera still work? Haven't seen pics lately. You need to send me pics of the dead Danskos and socks and any problems with the pants or shirts, pronto!  I need to get them replaced at Missionary Mall
Yeah, but uploading is really slow and at my cafe it almost always fails, Elder Msomi from South Africa takes his memory card and uploads with no prob so he forward my pics to me then I to you

 So, still a man of few words.  Holy cow, though - all of his "supposed to last his whole mission" stuff is dying!  Not sure how I'm going to send replacement shoes.  He may just have to buy off the street stuff.


Then, I got his letter for today (I told him in our chat that he needed to write a nice big letter for the blog.  Haha!):
 
Hey Everyone!

This week was one tough week, but ended amazing. I was having trouble with my companion and it made me angry. I was miserable until President called. He said he felt impressed to call me and ask me how I was. After I explained my frustrations, he told me that I was doing an amazing job. It was a very uplifting experience.

The end of the week was superb! We had our baptisms! It was for a couple. Now we are focusing on a brother and sister ages 18 and 15 of the same family. It will be amazing.

This week will be awesome because I will get my package with my mp3 player and my music on Wednesday finally.
I love you forever!

And finally, I got pictures:
 
This is the service group from Utah

P-day fun

Making memories

No comments:

Post a Comment