Monday, November 2, 2015

Short and sweet

I love that the emails are coming on Monday again.  It's short and sweet today...

Dear Mom, 
It's been pretty slow here.  My Twi is coming along well.  Contacting is pretty tough here. In the streets you'll find missionaries from different churches and people are used to it, so convincing them to listen is kind of tough. But I will keep trying. 

Dad will like this. While in my other village, Anyinem, I got to feed a monkey out of my hand. I was very nervous. Also, 2 weeks ago, there was a Black Mamba on our porch. I caught it and put it in a bucket. We had to kill it. Just some interesting wildlife stories
So for my birthday, could you put money on my debit card? There are some neat things here that I would like to bring home. If you could that would be amazing. I haven't received the first package yet, but I'm sure I'll get it. Thank you for the other two packages sooo much. (filled with candy for him to give to kids for Christmas)

Thank you, I love you all so much.  I'll write you next week with updates.

Love, Elder Keddington  

Sounds like they have their work cut out for them.  One of my biggest hopes is that one day he will truly expound in his email about what he is doing on a daily basis.  Of course, it was tough to get that kind of information out of him before.  Other information (dinosaurs, etc), however,  we got in abundance! ;)  I imagine lots of service is being performed.  NOT thrilled with the Black Mamba story!  Snakes are my worst nightmare and my child handling one does not fill me with joy.  Yikes! 

We're coming right up on his birthday, the 11th.  I can't believe he's going to be 19!  I will definitely take a 19 year old serving and bringing the gospel to others in a foreign country over some of the alternative 19 year old activities out there!  We are so blessed and grateful for this experience!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness a snake!!d I am glad he is doing well

    ReplyDelete