Monday, November 30, 2015

First Thanksgiving in Ghana

Dear Mom, 
Thanksgiving was fantastic. We went to the Couple Missionary's home and like 40 people showed up. The Ghanians didn't know what it was about, but they were happy with all the food. We had grilled chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque sauce. It was fantastic! After the dinner we played the summer sport of water balloon volleyball. It was so weird.

We are entering the dry season out here which is the hottest part of the year. It's so strange to think that it's December.  The apartment is holding up well. We currently have a colony of really big, mean ants in our yard that we are trying to get rid of.  These things are like the ones of Indiana Jones.  The pastime we elders have right now is lighting off fireworks we get in town.  Yeah, Christmas is when they sell fireworks. Another we have is baseball using Elder Barfuss's baseball and these pick axe handles you get in town.

The work is fine, slow as usual.  I feel like I'm ready to be a senior companion. The Ghanians are really nice, but recently I'm meeting the jerky ones.  They are very judgmental and will report us if we inconvenience them. Oh well, that's the way they are I guess. We weren't able to baptize Sunday because he hasn't met the branch president.  But we did finally get to watch the Sunday Morning session of Conference. It was about time!  Bless the prophet. My Twi is coming along well. I can greet people perfectly now and now I'm working on questions.

I can't wait to talk to you guys and I love the pictures you sent.  They were both comforting and hilarious.  I love You Guys sooo much and I think of you every day.

Love Elder Keddington
Ps: if you could send a skills mini basketball hoop like the one we have downstairs for Christmas, that would be unbelievable

Look at the size of that email!!  It's a Thanksgiving miracle!  I'm so glad he had such a great Thanksgiving.  We missed him tons around here, but what a great experience he is having.  Looking forward to talking to him on Christmas!!  Now - to see if a mini basketball hoop will fit in a flat rate envelope.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment