Monday, January 18, 2016

More to do in Kwabeng





Hi mom, 

Well, we just got transfer news I'm staying here in Kwabeng.  This is a four-week transfer and I feel like I'm going to die here.  Elder Kaelin is staying as well.  He's been here for 7 months we're both starting to go a little crazy.  The teaching is going well.  We're starting to teach Kojo's friend,  William.  He is very accepting of the gospel.  

There is another temple trip coming up and I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to take Kojo to the temple for the first time.  He is really grown with his testimony.  He used to be addicted to alcohol, but he gave it up to follow the path of the Savior.

 I heard about Alan Rickman and David Bowie. They will both be missed, although I didn't know  David Bowie that well.

 So, we were in the taxi coming home from Anyinem when the taxi drivers USB played "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago.  I remembered when me and Connor sang that at Holli's wedding and in the future I feel like I want that song in my wedding too.  (Hold on there, partner!)

I love the people out here, but some of them can really get on your nerves.  First of all, they believe out here that the strongest loudest churches are right.  It is a fulfillment of the prophecy in Matthew Chapter 6.  They will stand on the street corners and blast prayers and preach through giant speakers. It can get really annoying.  If you call a certain number out here you can have a minister bless you over the phone for the equivalent of 55 US dollars. They sell holy water in plastic water bottles.  It's a foretelling of the end of days.  It just makes me think and wonder what it was like be the Prophet Joseph Smith as a boy growing up in similar conditions.  I've come to the conclusion to always turn to God, just as Joseph Smith.

Happy birthday, twins. I wish I was there to see you guys get your cool stuff.  I'll be sure to pick you guys up some nice daggers out here and maybe some swords but only if you're good (Ummm, WHAT??)  Mom will tell me if you guys aren't being good.  I'm so proud of you guys for playing basketball!  Continue to practice and I'll be home soon.  I will be home when you guys are 10.

Well, mom, nothing else to report this week.  This email was kind of me thinking out loud, but that's alright I guess.  I love you so much
 
Elder Seanshine Keddington
 
P.S.  Just to keep you updated on how I look, I weighed in today and have lost 35lbs!
 
Well, I guess life isn't always exciting - even in Africa!  Sounds like he is hanging in there doing the Lord's work.  Yep - we're going to have a little talk about what he brings home!  Yikes!  I'm proud of this boy and his dedication!  On we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment