Tuesday, October 6, 2015

It came!!

It was a day late, but I was oh so happy to get my email today!  Sounds like he's starting to figure out this whole missionary work thing...

...Last week was a slow start but it ended beautifully. We didn't teach that much. Teaching in the bush is super slow and appointments fall through all the time, but we keep trying. I'm continuing to lose weight, but the big thing that happened this week was my first baptism! His name is Prince.  He plays futbol and is 20 years old. He is really shy, but last Sunday he was baptized by Elder Barfuss. Next week I will confer the Gift of the Holy Ghost. After the baptism itself, he got up and gave a 10 minute testimony about how as soon as he came out of the water, he felt the spirit so strongly. It was an amazing testimony builder.  Our focus now is on a man named Kojo. He is a 50 year old man from Anyinem.

Me and the elders are wonder if there will be changes. Transfers are next Tuesday, but besides that, pretty much the same.  We won't see conference for 3 weeks.

...I love you all So freaking much. Tell all the kids I love them a ton


Love with all my heart,


Elder Keddington

 p.s.  Just be sure you use small parcels and plenty of tape with the package. Elder Barfuss is from Oregon and when we go again he wants to be there

My heart is so happy!  A fun little coincidence - Elder Barfuss is in Jeff and Janet's stake in Oregon.  After getting today's letter and seeing that he is from Oregon, Janet looked up their stake missionaries out of curiosity and sure enough - he was there!  What a small world!  Grateful for the friendship these two have started!

**Still no pictures, so I'm putting up some of the village he's in, Kwabeng:
Kwabeng Chapel

Kwabeng School



The Kwabeng Health Center



 

No comments:

Post a Comment