Monday, November 7, 2016

Definitely a Missionary

Transfer Day with Elder Reeves

Dear Mom, 
 
We had another fantastic week! My area is a bit like Kwabeng, as in it is right on the edge of the jungle. It's a really pretty village. We had an awesome week of teaching. Our baptism was awesome! Our candidate's name is Dominic and he was received into the branch with open arms. Also, one of the recent converts in the branch was ordained a priest and given the priesthood. And to top it off, I taught the Gospel Essentials class. I taught about the temple and baptisms for the dead. They asked some pretty tough questions, but with the help of the Spirit, I felt I answered them OK. All in all, it was a great week, teaching wise. I did a rough estimated, and since I got here, my companion and I have walked a total of 40 miles!  I come home tired, but satisfied each night. 
 
Thank you to everyone for the birthday money. I really appreciate all the support you guys give me. I couldn't do it without you guys. I love you all and pray for you everyday.

I love you guys so very much and thank you for the birthday wishes.

Love Elder Seanshine Keddington

Wow - this kid sounds like a missionary!  The tourist is gone.  I can't believe my baby boy will be 20 this week!  How did that happen.  He told me in our FB chat that in some ways, he feels like he's turning 30 instead of 20.  14 months in another country will probably do that to you, especially when you were without running water for the last 4 months.  He sounds so great and is loving the people and the place.  I can't wait until he can get to Accra and get a new camera.  I'm dying for some pictures!  Love this guy and all he is doing.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Sean Keddington,
    I'm writing out of dire need. I have a friend that is stuck in Accra, Ghana. He went there to di business. He got there 3 weeks ago. They keep charging him taxes on his goods. Hes out if money. He can't eat, or drink because has no money for good water and food. I praying that you are/ willing to help my friend. I know he's staying in a hotel. The hotel mgr. Is holding his passport,because he owes hotel money.
    I'm just eondering if the LDS church could help him with food and water. He's tried to drink the water and has become ill.
    If you cant help...can you give information to help him. His name is Roy John Alex...he lives in Chicago Illinois. He was only suppose to be there for a few days....which has turn into 3 weeks. The people there won't help him with anything. He needs help or I'm afraid he won't make it home.

    Please let me know if there's help available.
    My name is Pat Wolff, email address is: wolffpa55@yahoo.com. I live in South Jordan Ut. I'm not LDS, but I about the good things the LDS church does for people. I'd appreciate any help you can give him.

    ReplyDelete