Monday, December 14, 2015

Lots going on

Dear Mom, 
This week was a long one and a lot happened in it.  So, we got a new brother, Brother Wokporka (work-poka) he is a 20 year old Ghanaian and he is super cool. He is from the Volta region of Ghana and speaks English, Eywe, and Twi.

This week we decorated the house with copies of The Liahona. We cut out all the green we could find and taped it on the wall to make an 8ft tree. It was a ton of fun. We also cut strips and made a huge paper chain all throughout the house.

We finally got Kojo ready for baptism and he will be baptized this week. I will do the baptism.
 
We visited a brother in the ward who was hit by a car that swerved in Accra and broke his leg in 2 places. Doctors said it would be a 3 month recovery, but when we visited him he asked for a priesthood blessing. I gave the blessing, its my first blessing for the healing in the field.  We visited him yesterday and he said that the bone was healing at such a rate that it would be a 1 1/2 month recovery.

We taught a record 9 lessons this week.

Yesterday after church we came home and found a 3 1/2 foot green mamba on our porch. It got away before we could kill it, so we are on the lookout.

So, we go to Accra tomorrow to be checked out by the doctor.  There is a painful growth on my left toe that is growing under the skin.  Hopefully it's nothing.  After that we go to the President's house to stay the night for the Christmas program. Our zone is singing "Silent Night" in Twi.

So that's My week.  I will be calling you soon so I will look forward to that. I'm starting to fall into the rhythms of Ghana and its starting to speed up. I've lost 27lbs!

Love You With All My Heart, 

Elder Seanshine Keddington 

 PS; I also tried lizard this week. It was good, but a very tough meat. ;)

Ummm - a little worried about the toe, but I'm sure he'll be fine.  This kid is changing!  He is becoming more a missionary and less a tourist and I love it!  I'm so glad that he is finding his groove.  I also love hearing that they are getting into Christmas however they can.  Sure do love this guy!!

1 comment: