Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Week

Dear Mom, 

Merry Christmas! I miss you guys more than ever, but I have some great news! The mission is letting us Skype, so Barfuss and I bought a Galaxy Note! I'll be able to Skype you guys on Christmas! I'll be able to see you guys on Christmas!  It will probably come in the afternoon and I'll only be able to for 40 minutes.  Our plans for Christmas are wake up, open presents, do a white elephant, then caroling all day until the evening.  We'll come home and call you guys then have a Christmas dinner.  We will be in Kwabeng. 

Today we went to the Bingham's for a Christmas party.  they are the sweetest people.  We roasted a pig on a spit (a full pig, we killed and gutted it) and had a Christmas brunch.  We then had a secret santa.  I gave a nice belt and got bottle rockets! Christmas is when they light fireworks. Then Sister Bingham gave all us Elders a hand stitched African design stocking filled with caramel, popcorn and other cool stuff.  I love them so much. 

Next, my toe is fine. I've got something called plantar's wart. It's painful, but should go away within the year.

Third, YOU ALL ARE SO GENEROUS!! Thank you and thank everyone for the money, I have some ideas for what I will use it for. I will definitely put it to good use. Several people have put money into his account so that he can use it to buy some Christmas for people in his mission who need some help.  He has been really excited to do this!

Happy Birthday Hunter! I still have the luggage tag and I love to show the members him and our family.

So, I saved the best for last.  Last week we got to go to the Temple in Accra.  We did an endowment session and afterward I had a long heartfelt prayer with Heavenly Father in the Celestial Room. I asked for strength when I'm missing you guys on Christmas and almost immediately a feeling of peace and comfort came into my heart. I know it was the Spirit of the Lord and I know that he loves and cares for me. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. I then realized that I was the last one in the Celestial room. :)

I love you So much mom and everyone. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that He lives.

With all the love I can give,
 

Elder Seanshine Seaner Big Brother Keddington

PS: I heard Josh Groban on a cd singing Believe from the Polar Express and it made me think of you

He makes me cry.  I love this boy so much and can't wait to actually be able to "see" him on Christmas!  He is getting it!  He is learning to lean on the Lord!  He's exactly where he needs to be!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great email. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

    ReplyDelete