Monday, May 22, 2017

Several Weeks of catch up!

Mother's Day skype visit
 I kept waiting to post letters to the blog in hopes that my son would send some pictures.  I haven't ever gotten him to understand how much I look forward to seeing him and the people and the places.  He says that the internet connections aren't very strong, so uploading takes a long time and that's why he doesn't send many.  Hmmm.  We're ticking down!  Here are the last 4 weeks of letters:
 
May 1, 2017
 
Hi Mom! 
 
Another Week down!  This week was pretty busy, We had to do a lot of running around and traveling in the bush is not easy! It's been really rainy all week. Elder Burt and I both got sick, I got a really bad head cold. Elder Burt caught another kind of bug. Not Fun!  But we finally had some investigators come to Sacrament meeting, So this week was successful. 
 
This morning the Elders from the neighboring village Odoben brought a team of members and recent converts, Elder Burt and I put together our own team and we played a game of Football (Soccer). We won in the Penalty shootout after the game was tied 4-4. It was a blast!
Well mom Nothing much else to report. I love you guys so much!
 
Love Elder Seanshine Keddington


May 8, 2017

Dear Mom, 
 
We got our Itinerary! It's insane how much we will be traveling. I am going to skype around 8:00 my time, so 2:00 your time. I cant wait!
 
We had a pretty good week this week. The water company shut off our water for the past 3 days, so we have been showering using bought drinking water. We had 2 investigators at Sacrament meeting, and we are having a baptism this Saturday. We were supposed to have two, but the investigator didn't come to church yesterday.
 
I cant wait to see you guys! I love you soo much!
Love Elder Seanshine Keddington 

We had a really great Mother's Day skype visit with him on the 14th.  The connection was a little rough, but it was much better than Christmas.  He was very anxious for us to ask him questions about the church and Ghana.  He's definitely in missionary mode!  We were a little surprised to hear the accent, or speech pattern, that he has picked up.  It's really something to hear him talk.  Can't wait to spend more time hearing it in a little less than 3 months!  Our skype visit made the email exchange the next day much shorter.

May 15, 2017

Dear Mom, Take note that Timberland sandals are essential mission shoes. They are soldiers! They are the only shoes that are still functional at this point.  We are doing well for the last week of the transfer, So we will see what happens!

Love you so much! 

Love Elder Seanshine Keddington


May 22, 2017

Dear Mom, 
 
We got transfer news, I'm finishing in Asikuma and Elder Burt is going to Gbawe to be ZL, My new companion will be Elder Cottle. He is a hard worker. I am excited to work with him.
We are having our baptism this week! His name is Jacob, He is super cool, we are excited to baptize him.

I am excited to tell you about Elder Cottle as I get to know him. I love you guys so much!

Love Elder Seanshine Keddington

1 comment:

  1. My son was just called to this mission. He arrives in Ghana on the 27th of July. My wife is a Cottle. We think we are related to your sons companion Elder Cottle.

    ReplyDelete