Monday, January 9, 2017

Lots of catching up to do!

After the latest baptism


Oh my - I have been a terrible caretaker for the blog the last few weeks!  We were able to Skype with Sean a couple of times on Christmas Day.  First, early in the morning, my phone started ringing at 5am.  It was Elder Ngwenya telling me that Elder Keddington was trying to Skype me.  We all got up to see what Santa brought so he could watch.  It was a fun short visit with the promise that we would talk to him again that afternoon.  We didn't realize how good we had it that morning.  It took a good hour or so to establish a good connection with him that afternoon.  The internet kept freezing and Ghana was feeling very far away.  Eventually we got a somewhat good connection and were able to have a great chat.  He sang and played ukelele for us.  He is in such a great mindset right now!  It was wonderful to see.  We didn't email the next day, since we had just chatted. 

Our next letter came from him when we were in Disney's California Adventure (we had given the kids a Disney and Universal Studios trip for Christmas).  Here is his letter from Monday, January 2nd:

Dear Mom, 

Another Amazing week! We had a lot of parties because of the new year. 2017!! I can't believe it. 
We had our baptism yesterday! It was an awesome service. I performed the baptism. His name was Brother Appiah. He and his family are so eager to be members of the church! Its amazing how close this branch is to each other. They treat each other like family. I'm so glad i get to be a part of it!

So from the package from the teacher,  I got a tie, a big bag of mint M&Ms and toiletries. It was so nice!

Here are the Scriptures I want Connor, Zack, and Seth to memorize.
First our purpose:
We invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.

3 Nephi 5:13

D&C 4

D&C 20:37

And the Standard of truth: The Standard of truth has been erected, no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God shall go forth boldly, nobly, and independent. Till it has penetrated every continent, visited every climb, swept every country, and sounded in every ear. Till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say "The work is done". -Joseph Smith

I love you guys so very much! Have so much fun!
 
Love Elder Seanshine Keddington
 
A sweet primary teacher had put together stockings for all the missionaries in his mission for Christmas and every time he tried to tell us what was in it, we would have a freeze in the Skype conversation, so he let us know here what was in t.  What a wonderful act of service that was.  He also had a charge for our next missionaries to do some memorization, so he put it in writing. He's been a great example.
 
Now we are to this week's letter:
 
 Dear Mom, 
 
We had a fantastic week! We taught a ton of lessons! We also met 3 new investigators, each of them are super enthusiastic to learn the gospel. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the spirit of these people. I am feeling really good right now Momma! :) Also we are having a baptism in 2 weeks, and then another the following week!

I am so glad you guys had all the fun you had. I am looking forward to the day that I will be there with you guys. Eventually, I got a mission to complete first! ;)
Not much else to report. Today we played capture the flag as a zone. It was a ton of fun! Unfortunately I forgot to take photos. Sorry! I promise more on Monday!
I love you guys so much!

Love, Elder Seanshine Keddington

Well - we have the biggest blog post we've ever had.  Three week's worth!  Here are a few more pictures he sent.

Christmas Skype





No comments:

Post a Comment